From April to October, the Pope’s Museums open their doors...
Book Online Today
– See the original statue of David by Michelangelo plus his unfinished Pigroni statue
– Hear the history of David, an icon of Florence.
– Admire the works of artist such as Botticelli, Lippi, Orcagna
Come and discover the exclusive collection of the Accademia Gallery and Michelangelo’s David alongside your expert guide. The tour begins with a brief stroll through one of the most beautiful neighbourhoods of Florence to Piazza del Duomo, passing through via dei Calzaiuoli, admiring the entire church complex.
With the guide, you will enter from the priority entrance of the gallery starting a journey that will take you to admire David, a sculpture in marble by Michelangelo Buonarroti between 1501 and the beginning of 1504. It is considered to be a masterpiece in the of world sculpture and it is one of the emblems of the Renaissance, as well as the symbol of Florence and Italy abroad.
The famous sculpture displays the biblical hero when he is preparing to face Goliath, this work has always been considered the ideal of male beauty in art. The gallery holds one of the largest collections in the world of Michelangelo, here you can also marvel at the museum of musical instruments, as well as the collection of paintings with a gold background and the Sala dei Prigioni with sculptures designed for Pope Julius II. At the end of the guided tour, you can stay inside the gallery and continue to explore its wonders.
In Florence for longer than one day? Join us on our Highlights of Florence Walking Tour!
– Feel free to contact us with any questions related to your trip.
– Please be in the area 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time.
– Prohibited items include scissors, pocket knives, aerosols and liquids (except for water)