Soak up thr soul and beauty of Venice as you...
Book Online Today
– Colosseum Arena Tour
– Priority VIP entrance not accessible to the general public
– Guided by one of Rome’s most experienced tour guides
– Access to a restricted area of the Colosseum – The Arena Floor
– Learn the fantastic history of one of the seven wonders of the world
– Free time after the tours to wonder and take the incredible photos
Want to step foot on the very soil that the Gladiators fought on? Pick the Colosseum Arena Tour to add this extra, restricted area to the route. Whilst most tours only explore the edges of the Arena, choosing this option will allow you to enter and explore it – just like the warriors and beasts of the Ancient Rome.
The most famous of Rome’s many ancient sights, the Colosseum is an imposing, incredible structure, that transports you back in time to the Roman Empire’s powerful past. Your friendly and professional English-speaking guide will delve into the mystery that shrouds the games held there and the fascinating stories of the famous gladiators who thrilled the crowds with their brutish fighting.
The difference between a regular Colosseum tour and this Colosseum Arena tour is that we enter the arena floor – where all the juicy action happened. On a big day of festivities, this 87x55m patch of dust was the beating heart of Ancient Rome. Close your eyes whilst stood in the centre and you can almost hear the ecstatic cheers and blood-curdling screams of the old days. Thankfully, we won’t be required to slay any bears, lions or gladiators whilst we’re here (we hope!). This part of the tour takes roughly 45 minutes and finishes inside the ticketed area, after which you will have about 30 minutes of free time to explore on your own.
After a short 30-minute break, we then embark upon the second part of the tour, Palatine Hill. Before Rome became a city, it was a cluster of seven separate villages built upon the seven hills of Rome. The centremost of these was Palatine Hill, which made it a perfect spot for Emperor Romulus to found Rome nearly three thousand years ago. Nowadays, it features ruins of several Roman Palace’s, and offers stunning views across the city.
Our final stop is the Roman Forum, the beating heart of Ancient Rome. Here, you will be able to walk in the Emperors’ footsteps and marvel at the amazing views over the Imperial Forum, finding out about what life was like for the Romans of that era in the political, social and economic centre of the ancient city.
We’ll then wrap up the tour, after which you’re welcome to roam freely through the Forum, or head off for some local food and drink (our fave spot is Monti). As always – be sure to ask our guides for the best dining tips.
This route covers about 2 kilometres in total and is conducted at a leisurely pace that is suitable for all. The tour duration is around 3 hours, including a break inside the Colosseum.
If you would like to make a reservation for the same day or less than 12 hours before your desired start time, please contact Russell on +39 349 5182191 or Harry on +44 78916717883.
Colosseum tickets & Palatine Hill and Roman Forum tickets included.
– Feel free to contact us with any questions related to your trip
– Please be in the area 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time
– Look out for a member of our team holding a Carpe Diem Rome sign
– The tour will operate no matter the weather! No refunds
– Only small bags will be allowed inside
– Prohibited items include scissors, pocket knives, aerosols and liquids, even if less than 100ml (except for water)
– Please bring/wear: Comfortable walking shoes, a jacket or umbrella if rain is forecast and a water bottle
– Colosseum tickets & Palatine Hill and Roman Forum tickets included