Forget the tourist traps and prepare to feast on the...
Book Online Today
– Experience the Colosseum at night
– Avoid the crowds and the heat
– In-depth experience of the whole Colosseum
– Experience the Colosseum dungeon and tunnels
– Guided by one of Rome’s most experienced tour guides
– Access to two restricted areas not open on regular tours
Stepping out onto the dusted floor of the Colosseum in the twinkling Roman moonlight is an experience few forget. And it’s an experience few have – because our exclusive after-hours Colosseum night tour is one of Rome’s most premium. We’ll beat the heat, crowds, hustle and bustle, and explore the city’s most-famous landmark in the beauty and desertion of darkness. Plus, we’ll get priority access to two normally-restricted areas: The Arena Floor and the Underground.
We’ll enter the arena – where all the juicy action happened. On a big day of festivities, this 87x55m patch of dust was the beating heart of Ancient Rome. Close your eyes whilst stood in the centre and you can almost hear the ecstatic cheers and blood-curdling screams of the old days. Thankfully, we won’t be required to slay any bears, lions or gladiators whilst we’re here (we hope!).
Next stop is the Colosseum Underground, where we’ll descend for a backstage look at how things really operated. From the armour-clad Gladiators themselves to the beasts shipped in from across the globe, it was in these subterranean chambers that they’d prepare for battle. Legend has it that the ghost of a slain warrior walks these halls at night – so you may want to bring a sword! (just kidding).
The tour will finish outside the Colosseum, where you’re in a prime location to explore the bars and restaurants of Monti, or delve further into Rome’s nightlife by visiting the nearby Piazza Venezia. As always, our guides know all the best local food and drink – so be sure to ask for tips.
This route covers about 1 kilometre in total and is conducted at a leisurely pace that is suitable for all. The tour duration is around 1.25 hours.
Colosseum tickets included
Want to do this tour in the daytime? Join us on our Colosseum Underground Tour!
– Feel free to contact us with any questions related to your trip
– Please be in the area 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time
– Look out for a member of our team holding a Carpe Diem Rome sign
– Children under the age of 6 are not allowed on this tour
– The tour will operate no matter the weather! No refunds
– Only small bags will be allowed inside
– Prohibited items include scissors, pocket knives, aerosols and liquids, even if less than 100ml (except for water)
– Please bring/wear: Comfortable walking shoes, a jacket or umbrella if rain is forecast and a water bottle
– Colosseum tickets included